The wait is finally over. Microsoft has expanded Copilot for Microsoft 365 to businesses of all sizes. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) can now leverage the same cutting-edge technology that large enterprises have been benefiting from, levelling the playing field and allowing small businesses to thrive.
Copilot is a digital assistant that can help you with a wide range of business tasks using the power of AI. It integrates with Microsoft 365 applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams and uses OpenAI’s language model to automate tasks, analyse data, and improve communication.
Now, small businesses can benefit from the many features the tool has to offer. Copilot was designed to make business management simple and efficient, with a focus on customisation to meet the specific needs of each business.
Key Features of Microsoft Copilot:
- Microsoft Copilot for Word: Copilot for Word is a great tool to help you write documents quickly and easily. With Copilot by your side, you have the ultimate tool to seamlessly write and edit documents as well as summarise information quickly.
- Microsoft Copilot for Excel: Advanced data handling in Excel has never been easier with Copilot. You’re able to gain new insights, identify patterns, and create better graphs and reports all with a click of a button.
- Microsoft Copilot for Outlook: Managing, reading, and replying to emails every day can be a major roadblock to our productivity. Copilot for Outlook is your handy tool for more efficient communication. It helps you write emails faster as well as understand emails easier to save you time.
- Microsoft Copilot for Teams: Microsoft just took communication to the next level with Copilot’s Teams integration. Copilot for Teams is designed to streamline communication and make your meetings much smoother. It’s there to help you plan and conduct much more productive meetings to keep your team on the same page. It enables you to never forget what was discussed in a meeting and reach business decisions much quicker.
- Microsoft 365 Chat: Microsoft 365 Chat is like your personal search engine within Microsoft 365. It sifts through all your Microsoft data, including emails, meetings, chats, documents, and even web content to help you tackle work challenges. This tool offers quick summaries of your meetings, emails, and documents, helping you catch up on things fast. What makes Microsoft 365 Chat powerful is its access to your Microsoft 365 data, allowing it to understand you, your job, priorities, and organization deeply. It even curates content in your writing style.
Benefits of Microsoft Copilot for Small Businesses:
Make More Informed Business Decisions:
Copilot has changed the way our everyday apps work. Thanks to the AI tool's functionality, users can now receive meaningful insights and recommendations rather than just creating simple reports in Excel. This insightful data simplifies decision-making, allowing users to lead the business in the best possible direction.
Better Manage your Finances:
Copilot in Excel is a powerful tool that helps you better manage your finances. It’s designed to simplify data analysis and effectively generate in-depth reports. This is a great add-on to Excel as these reports can be used in budgeting by helping with the creating, updating, and reviewing of budgets.
In addition, Copilot streamlines the process of building financial reports, statements, and disclosures. It takes care of drafting, editing, and formatting, ensuring precision and eliminating errors. This not only helps you better manage your finances but also helps you save time.
Save Time and Improve Productivity:
Microsoft Copilot seamlessly integrates with applications such as Outlook and Teams, providing you with a productivity boost. This integration streamlines email management, meeting coordination, and tasks that require collaboration. This results in much more efficient meetings and significantly reduces email response time saving you time and improving your productivity.
The tool also makes it simple for employees to switch between tasks, which is important because many businesses overlook the hidden time cost of task switching. According to a joint report by Qatalog and Cornell University’s Idea Lab, people, on average, take nine and a half minutes to get back into a productive workflow after switching between digital apps. Copilot's capability to swiftly bring users back into a productive workflow is a game-changer for small businesses.
Furthermore, Copilot is packed with a huge range of automaton features which automate repetitive tasks such as scheduling meetings, organising files, and creating reports by identifying patterns in your work. This time-saving feature allows you to focus on growing your business.
Copilot's suite of integrated tools breaks down communication challenges, allowing teams to collaborate on projects regardless of where they are. This real-time collaboration boosts innovation and eliminates miscommunication.
In Outlook, Copilot improves email communication efficiency by ensuring that critical emails are addressed quickly and accurately. Copilot for Teams is designed to streamline communication, making meetings much smoother.
Improve Customer Service:
With the many communications tools Microsoft Copilot has to offer, small businesses are now able to significantly improve their customer service without a huge amount of resources or time investment. For customer-facing roles, Copilot can swiftly draft responses to queries, enhancing the overall customer experience.
If your company holds meetings with clients via Teams, you can now leave meetings confident that you fully understand the consumer and their needs.