Futuresound Group specialise in bringing some of the greatest music venues and live events to the North of England.
Futuresound faced challenges due to a highly fragmented system which had no centralised data management systems in place. Critical business data was disconnected, limiting communication and collaboration.
We implemented an ‘FSG’ portal which addresses the specific need of the company. The portal was created to streamline and centralise various aspects of Futuresound’s operations.
Promoting events since 1994, Futuresound Group specialise in bringing some of the greatest music venues and live events to the North of England. Events ranging from Live At Leeds to Gold Sounds Festival, Futuresound is notorious for their multifaceted events. With the rise in popularity over the last two decades, Futuresound’s events have accumulated a cult following with music-lovers travelling nationwide just to attend.
Futuresound Group (FSG) faced challenges due to a highly fragmented system which had no centralised data management systems in place. Critical business data was disconnected, limiting communication and collaboration. The successful growth of the company also resulted in each department having its own approach to managing their areas of responsibility. This, combined with a lack of data management, restricted departmental information exchange/availability to emails/phone calls, which proved inefficient. To address these issues, FSG aimed to establish a centralised repository for Customer/Supplies information that is securely accessible by everyone. The solution would eliminate departmental boundaries and streamline the sales and ticketing process. The development of a consolidated data management system aims to improve operational efficiency, allowing FSG to thrive in the dynamic entertainment and events business.
Edmondsons IT Services implemented an ‘FSG’ portal which addresses the specific need of the company. The portal, which is accessible based on user permissions, aims to streamline and centralise various aspects of Futuresound’s operations:
- Customer, Supplier, Agent, Promoter, and Venue Management: The portal includes a list of all customers, supplies, agents, promoters, and venues, providing relevant information for each category. This helps organise both new and existing data and allows the company to store information in one place.
- Bookings: Our development experts introduced a calendar-style venue booking system which displayed venue availability based on bookings.
- Offers: The portal also includes offer templates which can be easily sent to agents, artists, and venues via email. This also includes a feature where once an offer has been accepted, these figures will then become the event budget which can be used by the accounts team for financial tracking.
- Notifications: Notifications are now sent out via emails to relevant parties so they’re informed of any changes to events. This means that all members of staff are aware of changes and no longer requires the time-consuming method of calling/emailing each recipient separately.
- Venues: Since each venue has its own set of requirements, the portal now accommodates varying capacities and ticket availabilities for each venue. Additionally, venues can now feature permanent miscellaneous tickets, such as 100 Carparking, or event-specific miscellaneous tickets, like 100 Promo Merchandise tickets for a particular event.
- Ticketing System: This was quite a complex area of the business which was previously carried out by a member of staff. We simplified and replicated the process within the portal by integrating the system with SeeTickets through an API. This helps provide up-to-date information, and ticket allocation which can be used to measure performance and achieve maximum product sales.
- Accounting Integration: We also implemented a feature where ticket sale reports will be automatically emailed to outlets at set intervals for completion. This information would then be provided to a member of staff for reconciliation and acceptance, streamlining the accounting process.
what were the key outcomes?
Centralised Data Management
The ability to collaborate on files and access them from multiple devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and desktops, helped to create a more agile and responsive work environment which increased the company’s overall productivity.
Overall Increased Efficiency
Moving from the independent managing of their own IT infrastructure to collaborating with Edmondson’s IT Services resulted in a more simplified and effective IT infrastructure for JW Network Solutions. It also enabled the company to receive high-quality IT support that adapts to their changing business needs.
All Staff are on the Same Page
The introduction of a centralised sharing platform met JW Network's demand for better communication and workflow. Both on-site and remote engineers can instantly collaborate on files, promoting greater teamwork and project management.
Increased Communication with External Stakeholders
The transition from GSuite Email and a Home and Student Office plan to Microsoft 365 provided the company with features that helped improve their everyday business lives. It also contributed to greater efficiency.
READ THE REST OF THE CASE STUDIES
Learn more about our services by reading the rest of our case studies.
© Edmondson's IT Services | Co. Reg. No: 07818717 | VAT Reg. No: GB122507059